The founder of Cavendish Employment Law, Caroline, has been a specialist employment law solicitor for over 18 years and has successfully headed up Employment Law Departments at leading City law firms. She has acted for a number of high profile media clients, record labels, blue chip companies, multinational corporations and senior executives. Caroline is a leading lawyer in the financial sector, having represented many senior finance employees and board executives.
Caroline has written many published articles on various aspects of employment law, and she is a contributor to the Financial Times and the BBC. Caroline has also spoken at many employment law conferences and seminars, and is a member of the Employment Lawyers Association.
With a reputation for representing employees in the finance sector, as well as dealing with high profile and/or employees in high value and or complex legal claims, Caroline's recent cases include the following:-
- obtaining a +£1m bonus against a well known bank
- successfully settling a high court action for the non payment of a bonus against a bank
- leading and resolving a board level dispute for the removal of a director and negotiating terms for an incoming director
- advising on a landmark case for discrimination that settled before reaching the eat
- successfully dealing with a grievance and appeal against a leading premiership football club
- advising a leading airline on their discrimination policy after successfully settling a discrimination case against them
- winning an unfair dismissal case for a board level director whose redundancy was deemed to be unfair
- a successful high value settlement for non payment of a bonus against a rank 1 bank
- a successful judgement in an unfair dismissal case concerning a sham redundancy
- a successful high value settlement in a whistleblowing case against a rank 1 bank
- numerous high value settlements in respect of discrimination and unfair dismissal claims